Saturday, July 02, 2011 @ 9:48 PM
A tale from my godfather
We were basically talking about our working life. My godfather is supervisor even though his age has passed the retirement age. On the other hand, I'm a part-time employee at Night Safari while waiting for NS. I have notice that I kinda hate most people from my own race because they're lazy and doesn't wanna learn. When they work, they don't give their all and don't find the reason behind doing a certain thing.

Let's just put office politics and racism aside because it's like everywhere I go I'll hear it. So fuck it. And it's not beneficial to an individual anyway.

Before Malays were commonly known as Muslims, they were practising Hinduism. It may not be exactly Hindu but it's certainly connected to Hinduism. Feelings like jealousy, being envious, treachery and slander within the Malay society were from that period of time till Islam came in. And in Islam, those negativity are the ones that God hates. No, despise would be a better word.

Eg. You hate your colleague who doesn't do his job properly and all he does is shake his legs right? Well, God hates it even more.

Anyway, when Islam came to the Malay community, the negativity should have been abolished but like they say humans have 7 deadly sins. So, humans have to keep those negativity at bay. For Muslims, it would be easier for you to understand if I were to say do anything with sincerity. Everything we do, is because of Him.

Like the prophet says, everything we do in this life is a worship (ibadat...in Malay). Even reading a book, helping your own friend and family members can be reward (pahala).

Eg. We study not because to get praises from others but it's for ourselves and because of Him. Insyallah, we'll get good grades. For non-Muslims, u know which part to cancel to make it more reliable for you :)

Hold on...I haven't touch the part what He does to those who still create slander, treachery, being envious of others and proud. He distant himself from them and their prayers will not be entertained.

With that in mind and let us simplify the whole situation.
In a RPG game, God would be equivalent to your character's LUCK.
And being proud, jealous or even slacking off during a job, will decrease the LUCK attribute.
Putting that into a community where most people proud, jealous, conceited, creates slander and all bull crap. No wonder we're unlucky fools right? Hahaha!

Honestly, I'm no religious man but take it to an individual level, all I'm saying is kick the negativity. Be humble, hungry for knowledge and not lazy when you have a job regardless how small it is.